poniedziałek, kwietnia 05, 2010

OT Booksneeze: "The Map" by David Murrow

The latest book by the author of „Why Men Hate Going to Church” takes the search for biblical spiritual masculinity to another level, as it seeks to give contemporary men a map to follow in order to climb the proverbial mountain of manhood. To one’s surprise (and delight), the map has been hidden – and discovered by the author – in the Gospel of Matthew.

This book caught me in the right moment of my life as I have been fumbling for a non-conventional spiritual discipleship material for fellow men. Enters „The Map” - a very intriguing narrative combining adventure/thriller-type setting in the first part of the book with biblical interpretation of the three journeys every man must take in the second part. While very different from each other, both parts provided me with enough metaphors and visual aids to get me thinking about the new-found traits within Matthew. Submission, strength and sacrifice and the turns men need to take at the cross-roads of subsequent paths of their Christian journey make much more linear sense with „The Map” in hand. I definitely recommend this book for men interested in fulfilling their destiny - for their own sake, their families and the world around them. David Murrow’s website www.threejourneys.com is also worth checking out for additional resources.

I’m thankful to Thomas Nelson Publishing for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book.

Below you will find two short youtube clips of the authors explaining his concept of The Map:


Etykiety: ,