niedziela, sierpnia 07, 2011

OT Książki: "Put your dream to the test" John Maxwell

I love reading inspiring books by John Maxwell so I jumped at the opportunity of laying my hands on his "Put your dream to the test". It came in a very opportune time in my life as I'm chasing my life dream of planting a life-giving church.

No wonder I skipped the body of the book on day one and plunged head-first into "the test" at the back end to see where I was. I scored 74 out of 100 for starters, which only whetted my appetite for the book contents in order to make realistic progress on my way to reaching my goal.

Having finished the book, I must say it was very helpful, insightful and practical. Even though, as a business trainer and coach, I was aware of most of the principles mentioned there, it was beneficial that someone with a fresh perspective helped me assess MY dream. The book centers around ten questions that every dreamer needs to answer to make sure they will live to see their dream fulfilled :). There is also a dream map, an extra chapter as it were, that brings together all ten questions again and helps delineate a personal route and set realistic goals to be able to check one's progress.

Since I can't give it a 4,5 score, I will settle for a very solid 4.

I’m thankful to Thomas Nelson Publishing for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book.

PS. Już po polsku - w międzyczasie przeczytałem też "Blink" Malcolma Gladwella, świetną książkę na temat m.in. siły oceny impulsywnej i pierwszego wrażenia.

Etykiety: ,